Tuesday, July 15, 2008

fitness fun

Growing up, my mom always told me that if I just started to be active, that I could become addicted to it, and I always that it was pure nonsense. Well that just shows how much parents know and how much I don't know. I am SO addicted to the gym. Last week I went Monday-Thursday and Sunday. Normally Its Monday-Friday, a bike ride or something on Saturday, and back to the gym Sunday night when I get back from my dads house. I feel amazing! Some days, I wake up really sore so I take a hot bath or shower and use the heating pad or ice pack. When I go, I just take my music, a good book, and my phone so I can text during the cardio. Having something to distract your brain a little really makes time fly. I figure, if I keep this up, which I know I will, Ill start to see huge differences by Halloween, and then when swimsuit season rolls around again next year, Ill be totally ready and totally hot! I am so proud of my self that I'm no longer that lazy teenager that sat around in the dark watching T.V. Ive always been over weight by about 15-30 pounds, unless of course I was refusing to eat, which has happened. I have on many occasions starved myself to loose weight. But never again. Now I know I can loose weight the healthy way! And not only can I loose weight but I will actually get in shape, and tone up! This is such a HUGE lifestyle change for me, and I'm never going back to the way I used to be! I've already lost around 12 pounds since I started working out a month ago. In February of this year I was a size 5 or 6 and weighed 130 pounds. But, after a bad break up I binged for weeks and found myself a size 11 and 158 pounds. Today I am 147 and a size 8 or 9. My short term goal is to loose 5 pounds at a time. My long term goal is to weigh around 115-125 and be whatever size fits that weight. I want to be fit, happy and healthy. And although I definitely want to loose this weight, I refuse to be so thin that my spine and shoulder blades protrude out of my skin.

This is the work out i did today, most days are pretty much the same

Cardio: bike- 65 minuets (444 calories burned)
eliptical- 5 minuets (60 calories)
Total time/calories burned- 70 minuets / (504)

Some days carido goes to 90 or 100 minuets with over 600 calories burned


Weights- __X__ means amount of sets of reps

Hip adduction- 3 X 10 at 40 lbs
Hip Abduction- 3 X 10 at 40 lbs
abdominal- 100 @ 40 lbs
lat pull- 3 X 10 @ 20 lbs
rowing- 3 X 10 @ 40 lbs
shoulder press - 2 X 5 @ 20 lbs
" " 2 X 10 @ 10 lbs
chest press- 3 X 10 @ 20 lbs
leg extension - 2 X 10 @ 20 lbs
Tricep extension 2 X 10 @ 20 lbs
lateral raise - 2 X 10 @ 20 lbs
Arm curl 2 X 5 @20 lbs
" " 2 x 10 @ 10 lbs
Rotary Torso 2 X 10 @ 30 lbs each side

Time spent at gym - 2:50 pm - 5:30 pm (2 hours and 40 min)

WOPA!! GO ME!!

No comments: