Wednesday, July 30, 2008

outchie





well......
so it turns out that my burn is a second degree one. I spent 3 hours in urgent care on Monday night, and I had to go to the doctor today. It is a deep, pussy, red, swollen mess. Turns out I developed a bacterial infection in the skin. I have to keep it wrapped for at least ten days. I have to wash it, apply burn cream and fresh bandages 2 times a day at least. The bandages are gauze pads,with kerlix wrap some tape, and then a knee high with the toes cut off to hold it all up.
I am on vicoden which im taking 2 of every 3 or 4 hours, and anti inflammatory which i have to take 2 times a day, and an antibiotic that i have to take 4 times a day.
It hurts really bad, its hard to walk. My doctor and mother wont let me go to the gym. So im pretty much literally stuck in bed. Luckily Kevans taking me out for my birthday on saturday so ill finally get out of the house. I cant even go to class this week! And let me tell you I am WAY FREAKING EXCITED! He is taking me to the Red Bull Flugtag event on the water front. Then we will probably do something else awesome!!!

No comments: